PDA

View Full Version : how can i...?

Pema
07-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I want to set up an email account on my westhost server, which several different people can access from their individual e-mail clients on their individual computers. Now I can figure out how to do that with pop3 setups that leave mail on the server, or IMAP, what I can't figure out is how to make it so that when one person replies to a certain message, it somehow marks the message so that whoever else has access to that email account will know that that particular email has been dealt with.

Can I somehow set up imap to mark mail on the server as replied to? I want to be able to use a user-friendly windows email client to check the email, so I don't have to train people in my office to use SSH and unix and stuff.

jalal
07-15-2004, 12:45 AM
My IMAP server keeps track of which emails have been read (or, at least, have been downloaded to the client) and when I switch email clients then I know which ones are new. However, most email clients do keep a cache of what has been read etc, and that may have to be updated ("Check Mail") before getting an accurate listing.

However, you don't have an IMAP server on your Westhost site...
:(

Another possibility is to have everyone use NeoMail, which will track what is new and what has been viewed.

Pema
07-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Is there a way to set up imap on a westhost server?

And is there a neomail client for windows? Because i can't teach these people how to use unix. it just won't fly.

jalal
07-15-2004, 01:52 PM
I haven't tried to setup IMAP, others might have and may chip in.

Neomail is a web-based email client and can be installed through the Site Manager. As it's browser based, it doesn't matter what platform your users are using.

Pema
07-15-2004, 02:28 PM
yeah, maybe that would do the trick. but i don't know if it'd be fast enough. hmm...