PDA

View Full Version : Installing Awstats on Westhost

Meowhoo
06-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Hello,

I'm posting for someone with a westhost account that may need to install awstats. That person will need someone to do the installation for her and I have no time to deal with it myself.

I was wondering if there was someone here who would like to take on the job for a reasonable fee?

Please PM me with quotes. Thank you!

FZ
06-14-2004, 11:25 AM
I'd be happy to help out... I'll need your credit card details though.

FZ
06-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Just kidding ;)

I'll do it for free. It only takes a few minutes.

Meowhoo
06-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Thank you Fayez! That's very kind of you!

wildjokerdesign
06-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Just kidding ;)

I'll do it for free. It only takes a few minutes.

Boy did you open up a can of worms there! :) Now everyone is going to want you to install it on their server.

FZ
06-14-2004, 04:19 PM
:lol:

Well then let's just say that this is a free demonstration; the rest will require their credit card details to be handy...

regmyers
08-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Having installed Awstats - and followed the awsome instructions on codeworks.gnomedia.com - i now need to find my cron job file and make it update my awstats every day.

Can anyone help?

FZ
08-17-2004, 12:39 PM
If you know how to use SSH, just type this at the prompt:

editcron -e

And press enter. It will bring up your crontab file, ready for editing (assuming you know how to use Pico!) Alternatively (I'm not sure if this works) you could download it from /var/spool/cron/domainname (domainname being the crontab file), edit it and then re-upload it. I recommend you make a backup of the original, and note that its permissions are set to 400 (-r--------) so make sure to set those on the updated file you upload...

I'm assuming you don't need help with the actual entries that go in there, but if you do let me know.

jalal
08-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Its best to use
editcron -e
as that will take care of the permissions thing for you.

Make sure you run the awstats cron job at a time just before logrotate happens, not after it. E.g. on my site logrotate runs at 20 after midnite, so I have awstats update run at 10 minutes past midnite.