PDA

View Full Version : MIssing emails - still an issue

firebirdfan
06-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Well I have read the recent posts here about slow email receiving, the issue still arises on occassion. I think it happens only on high traffic email sites.
I've got this strange phenom where some of my yahoo accounts are able to get mail through to my domain while others dont ?

Does anybody have the same situation ?

I would also like to know when i type sendmail -q -v I keep getting this error Connecting to mail.aaa.com via esmtp ...
connection refused ...

So won't the sendmail quit ? even after 15 minutes ?

Is setting the cronjob to clear the que better or touching sendmail which is taboo .. :)

FZ
06-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Don't know about your Yahoo! account problems, but it might also be related to the high traffic load issue.

About your connection refused, don't think there is much you can do there. I'm not quite sure I understand your question about Sendmail quitting though - when you do a -q -v it should quit by itself once it has finished processing the queue... If not, you can just hit control-x and it will quit.

I'd say unless you know what you are doing, it is better to set a cron job to empty your queue than to play with Sendmail configuration ;)