PDA

View Full Version : question on FormMail

ccwebb
05-18-2004, 08:34 AM
I like using FormMail but I am concerned about how spammers can harvest the recipient (me) from the html.

I installed and tested NMS FormMail but it seems to have some problems with spamassassin, at least my 2.63 version.

Has anyone patched FormMail so that the recipient is hard-coded in the source? Or do you have another recommendation that is on par with FormMail but does not show the recipient?

Thanks

Charlie

wildjokerdesign
05-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Before I moved to NMSFormMail I had hardcoded the email addys into the FormMail script with no problem. For the most part used the same set up as NMS does. If your FormMail only sends to one email addy you can simply add it as a hard coded variable that all forms get sent to.

I haven't had any problems with SpamAssasin catching the NMSFormMail stuff but then I'm just using the default WH install of SA.

ccwebb
05-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reply wildjoker...

I just had a thought - what if I just set up an alias just for nms formmail?

Then I do a whitelist_to in spamassassin.

Then the buggy_cgi, rcvd_in_dynablock, and rcvd_in_sorbs point accumulations will be ignored. No harm in that - right?

Charlie

BTW - do you have any problems with NMS FormMail?

wildjokerdesign
05-18-2004, 10:46 AM
I haven't had any problems with NMS FormMail. I think you well have problems if you use an alias instead of an email account you set up not to mention you are going to want that home directory thing you get with a true email account (I think) to use spamassasin. They may have been what you ment. You have to really read/watch closely the instructions for config and they do get a bit complicated at times on NMS FM.

I do not have the script emulate matts code and use %recipeint_alias to manage the email addys. I don't use @recipients. From what I understand that is if you are emulateing the matt code. I also use it in the secure mode.

Yes if you set up a whitelist_to for that account then I think you should be fine.

I don't use aliases or catch_all on any of my sites. I always create Email/FTP accounts for every email addy I want to use.