PDA

View Full Version : Problems With New Emails

jim
05-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Last week I created a new email address/account. For a couple of days I could log onto it then it began giving this error message:

A system error has occurred.

Runtime error.

I wrote westhost a problem report Friday and they replied early Saturday saying they could “create this account” if I supplied identifying information. I replied immediately saying the account existed I just needed the runtime error fixed. I’ve heard nothing since.

Yesterday I created another email address/account and got this error message when I tried to set up an autoresponce:

Failed to set AutoResponder - please contact
your Site Manager.

Are others having problems creating/using email accounts.

Another question:
When you reply to one of their problem answers (on their web setup) do they respond or must you create a new problem report?

jim

wildjokerdesign
05-02-2004, 10:27 AM
When you respond a ticket it should re-open it and you shouldn't have to create a new ticket.

Not sure about the first error message but on the second one when you created the email account did you enable the AutoResponder for it? It sounds like you may have since I think you would not have been able to get as far as you did with it but thought I would mention it.

jim
05-02-2004, 11:20 AM
To: Wild Joker

Yes, I did. And, yes, you're right -- you can't enter a autoreply message until you've enabled the autoresponder.

I've created autoreplies before that worked.

WestHost - MMellor
05-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Hello Jim,

Do you have that ticket number? I'll take a look at that and get back to you on anything that I find out. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.