PDA

View Full Version : Old Miva 4.16 installed reinstall new 4.19?

J_M
04-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I have an old Miva 4.16 that was installed a long time ago by WH and never used. I don't have or remember getting a liscense number. Can I simply use Manager to install and new version 4.19 and get a new license? Do I need to delete the Merchant2 folder that exists on my site before installing the new version?

thanks,

J

WestHost - MMellor
04-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Hello J_M,

You can use your site manager to reinstall Miva and it will overwrite anything that is already there. When you install Miva using your site manager it will email your license number to the primary email account. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

J_M
05-01-2004, 07:25 AM
I'd like to create a couple "test" stores, is the license valid for additional stores created with the same install?

Is it possible to create a store locally using Miva Mia and then move the site to a Westhost site? Or is it possible to create a Miva Store on one Westhost site and then move it to a different WH site? ( as long as the appropriate paths are changed)

thanks for your help?

j

J_M
05-03-2004, 06:06 PM
I installed Miva 4.19 but it didn't overwrite the older Miva 4.16 folder. I believe that both files are in the Merchant directory. Can I delete the Miva 4.16 folder it appears to be the same files (but older). How long does it usually take to receive a License number?

thanks again,

J