PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get New Username To Work

jim
04-26-2004, 04:54 PM
I created a new email account, but the Webhost logon doesnít recognize it. I am certain Iím entering the username and password correctly, but it rejects the logon.

Is there some kind of delay before new email accounts become active?

Iím trying to add an autoreply but apparently I canít do that from the master account. I must logon to the email username account and it wonít let me do that.

Whoís wrong, me or Westhost?

jim
04-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Perhaps I should say this is the first username I've ever added. Up to now I've just used the owner account.

FZ
04-26-2004, 05:02 PM
You cannot use your Site Manager login page to log in the e-mail/FTP accounts you use. You have to use the "mini Site Manager" at http://yourdomain.com/users/ for those. Unfortunately, this is (I think) still undocumented by WestHost, which is why few people seem to know about it.

There definitely should be no delay: when you add a new account, its settings are recorded in text files that are in various locations on your account, and when you try to log in, those files are the ones accessed. Same goes for e-mail.

jim
04-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Thanks very much. That was the answer.

It's not clear to me how anyone was expected to know that.

jim

wildjokerdesign
04-26-2004, 05:50 PM
You should also be able to access the "mini" Site Manager for each email user account via your main Site Manager by clicking on the username. A new window opens up to the Site Manger for that email user account.