PDA

View Full Version : Default Location for Files

countrysmokehouse
04-17-2004, 07:49 AM
I am new to west host, and in some ways new to web design. I have a site uploaded to the west host servers and am trying to get my index.htm file to load when you go to www.countrysmokehouse.net
if you goto www.countrysmokehouse.net/index it loads. but will not when you type in www.countrysmokehouse.net

can somebody help, do i have the files uploaded to the wrong location am i missing something?

FZ
04-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Seems to be working for me: http://www.countrysmokehouse.net/ loads the same as http://www.countrysmokehouse.net/index

dpfaigin
04-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Of course, I see none of the graphics, so make sure you are not using "file:" type links, or referring to them where they exist on your hard disk, as opposed to where they are on the web.

Daniel

WestHost - MMellor
04-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Kevin, I just took a look at your file structure and you need to have the path to your graphics as /images/Images. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

SJP
07-14-2004, 05:07 PM
This seemed like a good place. Where does the .procmailrc file go?

thanks, SJP

wildjokerdesign
07-14-2004, 06:19 PM
It's in the root directory is the main one then the individual users .promailrc goes in /ftp/pub/username

SJP
07-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Well I thought that the reason my program wasn't being invoked was because the .procmailrc file wasn't in the right place, but that wasn't it. And the file is the same as the one I'm using for my original web-site. The difference is that one is 1.0 and this one is 2.0 and the different layout is throwing me. I'm also having trouble getting cron to fire up my main program and again it works fine on my 1.0 account. I can run the program by hand and it behaves as expected. Anyhow I can't help, but wonder if the reasons things are screwed up is related. In both instances I use $HOME to reference the directory. Is that environment variable being automaticaly set as happens under 1.0? Anyone have any ideas?

thanks, SJP

wildjokerdesign
07-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Ahhh... man I told you wrong I am sorry. My mind was on .spamasssasin and I gave you the paths for that.

The procmailrc is located at /ect/procmailrc

SJP
07-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey, no problem. Thanks for the help. Is there a leading period or not?

.procmailrc vs procmailrc

SJP

wildjokerdesign
07-14-2004, 09:18 PM
No period just the procmailrc

SJP
07-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Okay, well it's not making a difference either way. When I wanted to use cron for my 1.0 I think I needed to get WH OK and I didn't do that this time. Might that be the reason at least why cron isn't working?

thanks, SJP

SJP
07-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Well no difference. Haven't tried the cron yet, but spelling out the path verses using the environment variable is not making a difference with procmail at least. The e-mail that is supposed to get rerouted is getting put in my mailbox as if procmail were not even being consulted or the program was returning an error and both seem unlikely, because under 1.0 this works. But then 2.0 is like night and day compared to 1.0 as I'm finding out so who knows?

SJP

SJP
07-15-2004, 02:55 AM
Solved the procmail problem. I'm a real lunk-head sometimes :x I can probably expect the cron trouble to be brilliant as well :lol:

SJP

SJP
07-15-2004, 05:00 AM
Like I suspected. Under 1.0 it is sufficient to only set the owner execution bit, but under 2.0 you must set the world as well. That tells me cron is not doing a SUID first and so therefore any programs that are inturn invoked by the program begun must be world executable as well. There's a rumor that $HOME isn't set-up. Don't know if that's true. I hardcoded the path just to be safe. But, this could be why. Of course the manual tells you what to do, but who reads the directions :oops:

SJP