PDA

View Full Version : Fowarding e-mail to an e-mail

brokencode
04-06-2004, 09:14 PM
I have ben trying to figure it out and have turned with with nothing, and I can't find anything in the forums except for sending it to a different folder. Any help please, thanks

wildjokerdesign
04-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Via your sit manager you should be able to forward the email to what ever account you want to.

If you have set up a user email account and not an aliase then you go to your main account Site Manager and navigate to your email accounts where they are listed. Then click on the account name and it well open a new window to a mini Site Manager for that user. Then under the Email/FTP area for that account there is an auto forwarder.

If it is simply and aliase in your main account then type in the full email address that you want to send it to instead of choseing one that is on your account.

Hope that helps.

FZ
04-06-2004, 09:36 PM
You need to be more specific here: do you want to forward from a POP3 account to another external e-mail address?

Or do you want to set up an e-mail forwarding alias?

Or do you want to forward e-mail from one e-mail account on your site to another, internal account?

Anyway, if it is forwarding to an external address, you should be able to set that up via your Site Manager (assuming you are on WestHost 2.0), in the Aliases section under E-mail/FTP Management. In this case, you are looking to add a new alias of type "e-mail".

Hope that helps.

FZ
04-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Doh, took so long to reply Shawn beat me to it ;)

jalal
04-07-2004, 02:16 AM
Note that you may have to install the AutoForwarder package first (on the SiteManager/SiteApplications/ menu).

brokencode
04-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Thanks, got it to work!

What I was trying to do was set up an e-mail(cell@domain.com) that would foward text messages to my cellphone(3334442222@tmomail.net) and I got it to work with alias.

Thanks again

FZ
04-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Glad you got it working.