PDA

View Full Version : Server Error and echo post on WH Forum

wildjokerdesign
03-26-2004, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to mention that when I post something I get a server error. If I back up and repost then it submits the post again and still gives the error. I have simply been backing up when I get the error and going back to the thread to make sure it posted and for the most part seems to work. Just thought I would mention it since I see that it looks like others are haveing the same problem.

wildjokerdesign
03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
It does not seem to happen on newtopic but only on postreply.

jalal
03-26-2004, 01:35 PM
And some replies just seemed to have disappeared (from Web Hosting/General) that I've noticed.

And the search function still doesn't work...

torrin
03-26-2004, 02:09 PM
It looks like Westhost has been busy. Did anybody notice that the forum was updated to 2.0.8? It was 2.0.4. I wonder if that is the cause of any of these problems.

WestHost - MMellor
03-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Hello Everyone,
We actually did update the forums today and so that might be the cause of some of the weird errors that you are seeing. Hopefully everything is up and running right now. Let us know if you guys are seeing any other problems.

j103c
03-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Still seeing the server error when posting replies..

FZ
03-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Still seeing the server error when posting replies..

Ditto.

WestHost - MMellor
03-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Hello Everyone,
We know that this is happening and we are taking a look at it. As stated above we did just upgrade the forums today and so this is most likely the cause of it. We'll keep everybody updated as soon as we know what is causing the problem.

FZ
03-27-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm observing an "echo" with the topic reply notification (mail) feature too...

WestHost - MMellor
03-27-2004, 02:06 PM
We found out what the problem was and we went ahead and fixed it. Let us know if you guys keep on seeing problems. Thanks.

FZ
03-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Michael,

I am actually still seeing the problem, although it is much less frequent. However, the 2 notifications instead of 1 always occurs.

wildjokerdesign
03-27-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm observing an "echo" with the topic reply notification (mail) feature too...

That sounds like it may be in the email functions of the program. Hopefully that is where the techs where looking. I get the error on boards when someone gives the incorrect email in there profile and then someone tries to send them an email via the board. Might be some place to check if it continues.

EDIT: Got the server error on this post. Bet someone is watching this topic that has something wrong in thier email.

WestHost - CSimiskey
03-29-2004, 04:27 PM
We have made another adjustment to phpBB in order to hopefully alleviate the issue. Please let us know if you continue to see this error. Thank you.

jalal
03-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Seems to be fixed. This is the first day for a while that the posts haven't come up with a server error.

Good work.

wildjokerdesign
03-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Yes I have had not problems since yesterday evening. Waited to post to make sure.

Chris, If it was something that wasn't specific to the WH board but due to upgradeing I wounder if you could post the fix in case some others do an upgrade on thier board and have the same problem.

FZ
03-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Fixed for me, too. Only getting 1 e-mail notification now as well.

WestHost - CSimiskey
03-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Based on the information in one of the posts where you were getting double-notifications, I thought I would check the e-mail settings. I changed it from NOT using to SMTP to USING SMTP and provided our mail server to use. Apparently something with those bad e-mail addresses didn't like using the PHP mailing function and caused the error.

wildjokerdesign
03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks Chris for the answer on that. Had not thought of switching the setting to use SMTP.

Wish I could find the area of the script the area of the script that it fails and do a fix. I have never seen it mentioned on the phpBB forum, but then it can be hard to find what you are looking for there sometimes.

Thanks again for the information.