PDA

View Full Version : New PHP Extensions

lonestarr
03-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi. I'm trying to run a php with a mhash encryption function. PHP was not compiled with this extension enabled. Does anyone know how to go about re-compiling php with this extension?

When I do that, do I risk disabling other extensions that my other scripts are using?

jalal
03-24-2004, 01:21 PM
You could possibly load mhash dynamically at runtime.

Compiling PHP on Westhost would be possible but I don't know if anyone has tried it.

springfrog
04-04-2004, 09:07 AM
I haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted to do so as there's some functionality I'd like to try. I'll probably try it on another test server I rent out though.

When I do that, do I risk disabling other extensions that my other scripts are using?
I think that if you look at phpinfo() under the "Configure Command" you'll see all the existing settings for your php intallation so you'd need to ensure these are all included . Also take a copy of your existing php.ini file located at /ftp/usr/lib/php.ini .

If this is wrong, please correct me someone :)

There may be other settings that you need to copy/record before recompiling php but I haven't looked into it in any detail yet so I'm not currently certain...sorry to be a bit vague.

danrubin
05-11-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm trying to do the exact same thing, but no luck so far -- I managed to configure mhash after a few hours of figuring things out, installing wh-utils, etc., but I can't quite figure out what the next step is so that PHP will recognize it. The folks at WH support don't seem to think that PHP can be compiled (and I tried, got all sorts of errors about things missing: flex/lex, yywrap, bison, byacc, etc.)

If I can't get mhash working, I'll need to move from WH to another company that can install it, and I'm quite happy with WH otherwise, but this is a dealbreaker for my current project.

Thanks for any help!

-Dan