PDA

View Full Version : FrontPage No Longer Recognizes My Webs

jim
02-07-2004, 06:34 PM
I have about 6 webs (FrontPage calls them that) on my account. Suddenly tonight FrontPage says there are no webs located where it has been updating them regularly for months. It says one explanation for this is FrontPage has not been installed on these webs by the host (WestHost). Of course everything was working a few days ago.

Has WestHost started making changes to their system again?

jim

wildjokerdesign
02-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Are you on 1.0 or 2.0? They where going to start migrations again. If you are on 2.0 you can check in Site Manager to make sure Front Page Extensions are installed. I would say that if you are on 2.0 and have been you should check with support. I have not heard of any changes being made.

jim
02-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Are you on 1.0 or 2.0?
I've been on 2 since the great debacle last Aug-Sept. This problem just started -- either tonight or in the last few days.

wildjokerdesign
02-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Sounds like you may have to contact support. I can't think of anything we have control over that you could check other then to check Site Manager to see that your FrontPage exts are still installed but not sure even how much that would really tell you. It seems there was someone else who had this problem but can't seem to find the thread yet. I well keep looking.

jim
02-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks for your replies, but I've got it working. I had to give it my username/password again. This shouldn't be necessary. I did this under similar conditions a year or so ago and it made a real mess, so I was reluctant to try it. But, when I didn't find others reporting problems I decided to gamble, and all seems to be OK now.

Thanks again.

jim

wildjokerdesign
02-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Glad you got it going. Next time you may try posting to the FrontPage area http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16 that may catch the eye of someone more familiar with FrontPage. I just haven't messed with it enough. Sorry I wasn't more help.