PDA

View Full Version : perlfect search and indexing php files + a php wrapper

gnossos
02-05-2004, 02:59 PM
two questions regarding perlfect search (I realize this is the php forum, but the questions involve php so thought this might be the best venue).
1) is it possible for perlfect search to index php files? I've tried doing some searchs on items that are dynamically created from a mysql db and perflect does not index them.
2) how would I go about making a php wrapper for the perlfect search results so I could incorporate the results page into my site template?

muchas gracias!!

gnossos
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
ok, I found some information here:
http://www.danielnaber.de/perlfectsearch/
that seems to indicate that it is possible to "patch" perlfect search to index dynamic pages as well as enable phrase searching, I read an old post referencing an indexer-web.diff file patch to enable indexing dynamic content, however that is no longer available on the patch page, just wondering if anyone knows of any solution for this problem. Thanks much!
thanks!

gnossos
02-27-2004, 09:22 AM
hey all,
just wondering if anyone has tried that phrase searching patch - I tried running the diff file but that completely hosed things up and I had to re-install perlfect search. Wondering if anyone's had any success with this?
thanks