PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Razor or Pyzor?

akirby
02-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Is anyone using Razor or Pyzor with SpamAssassin on WestHost? Does it help much? SpamAssassin even after upgrade to latest version (2.63) is catching mayby 60% but leaving alot to weed through still.

I haven't really set up the user_prefs well yet. Any tips there?

Thanks!

Alan

FZ
02-01-2004, 07:25 PM
What a coincedence... I was just looking into hooking up Razor/Pyzor with SpamAssassin when I came across this thread! Anyway, I'm only going to give it a go if it is easy to do, since I am no *nix expert. I get a lot of Spam as well, but setting custom scores in my user_prefs for a lot of tests has helped me fine tune SpamAssassin to catch about 98% of my spam. It's taken a couple of months to get that level of accuracy though. What I do is view all headers for Spam that's let through, check the names of the tests that the e-mail matched on, then check http://spamassassin.org/tests.html for a description of the test as well as the "default score" and then adjust the score accordingly. For tests that would never match on legit mail, I make the score very high, and for tests that could match legit mail, I make it somewhat low in relation to my required_hits setting (which is 4.5 - also set in my user_prefs file). Anyway, if you like I could send you my user_prefs file to have a look at/try.

akirby
02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Yes, all ideas to fix are good.
Send it please to info@allpromedia.com

Thanks Fayez!

FZ
02-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Nothing worked. I tried Razor, it failed. I tried DCC, it failed. I've been trying DNS Blacklists with Sendmail, it's also failed. I'm too tired to try Pyzor now, but it is probably going to fail too. I wish I knew more about *nix to be able to get this stuff working!