PDA

View Full Version : Reset WEbalizer Stat's to zero

spellow
01-07-2004, 09:03 AM
anyone know how to do that?

<-- R O B -->
01-07-2004, 11:38 AM
hmm not tried it but would this work - this is quite a drastic hack so if there are any stats you want to keep I wouldn't recommend doing this?

ssh into your site (using putty.exe for example)
go to the folder at /etc/httpd/logs/ and take a look what logs are there:

cd /etc/httpd/logs/
ls

Then to remove a specific log (eg access_log) type:

rm access_log

You then get prompted if you really want to do this - type y and press enter.

Then got to where the reports are stored and delete the stats folder, here I'm presuming its called "webalizer"

cd /www/htdocs/plugins/Webalizer/main
rm -r webalizer

it'll ask you if you want to do it for all files - just keep pressing yes.

then log back into the site manager and run webalizer by clicking the link lablled "link" next to your installed instance of webalizer

Cheers
rob C

wildjokerdesign
01-07-2004, 08:33 PM
I think you would accomplish the same thing by simply un-installing Webalizer via your Site Manager. Not sure if you can do that but think I did it on my test account. You could try it and then check the directories that Rob mentioned and see if the files are gone. Like Rob said this would get rid of all the old stats and they would no longer be available. You could download the logs first to your local computer.

spellow
01-13-2004, 08:15 AM
well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not delete the history, so I tried the steps above.

When I installed webalizer again, it installed fine, but when I click on the link it hangs on the webalizer.cgi, like there is no cgi. I just get a blank page......bummer.

so I restarted VDS no luck, not sure what to do next, I can't get webalizer to work at all now.

<-- R O B -->
01-13-2004, 08:49 AM
hi

Seeing as I got you into this mess ..... :P

I've run through my instructions and there's an error :oops:

cd /www/htdocs/plugins/Webalizer/main
rm -r webalizer

shold be

cd /www/htdocs/plugins/Webalizer/
rm -r webalizer

- note the lack of "main" in the path you cd to!!!!

Anyway - try the above and the uninstall any webalizer instances. Then reinstall webalizer. I did this and it worked.

<-- R O B -->
01-13-2004, 08:51 AM
erm - just to clarify the first line doesnt need altering -
the scond line
needs to be

"rm -r webalizerName

where webalizerName = whatevermywebalizerinstancewascalled

spellow
01-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Rob,

Thanks I figured that out as well, when the directory didn't exist so i did delete it right.

I found the problem, when i add the webalizer back in, if I ignore /* and include any of my other domains it doesn't work.

if I don't ignore url /* then i don't have the problem, so I had to create the webalizer's then go back and do the ingnores and includes.

sucks though, because I still have the history for all domains for a short bit of time.

<-- R O B -->
01-13-2004, 09:58 AM
cool glad to see you sorted it :D

spellow
01-14-2004, 12:35 PM
I still need to figure a way to reset the history to zero without deleting the webalizers

<-- R O B -->
01-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Try the first bit of my instructions:

Code:

cd /etc/httpd/logs/
ls

Then to remove a specific log (eg access_log) type:

Code:

rm access_log

Then I guess you could just delete the html report files located here?

cd /www/htdocs/cgi-bin/plugins/Webalizers/mywebaliserinstance