PDA

View Full Version : webmail slow

ccwebb
12-18-2003, 07:37 PM
I use webmail a lot and it seems to be getting slower with each passing day. Today logins, deletes, etc are maddenly slooooooooooooow!

Anyone else experiencing this or know why this is happening?

Charlie

dansroka
12-22-2003, 01:19 PM
No real slow-downs here, but I only use webmail once a day. I have noticed a spike in spam that my spamassassin is filtering... maybe there's an impact?

Alejandro
12-22-2003, 07:05 PM
I don't have that problem either but I don't use it frequently, only when I can't use outlook. However I've seen in the directory var/neomail many files like:

(username)-session-0.09563974857247

perhaps you have a lot of this files... anybody know what it is? I guess are sessions wich didn't logged out, just closed the browser... but I'm not sure.

Lashito
01-14-2004, 08:35 AM
I've been a westhost customer for years. Since last summer, my webmail has been so slow it is almost unusable. In fact, I have quit using it all together, except in emergencies. Insteat I POP the account. I have called support multiple times, and gave up when they quit providing support during the 2.0 upgrade fiasco. Today, I try to login and it goes to the maintenance page and just sits there.

One of my clients, who requires web accessible email for her business, had to change providers because Westhost couldn't fix her problem.

I CAN'T BELIEVE A WEBHOST COMPANY CAN'T FIX WEBMAIL, ONE OF THE MOST BASIC HOSTING FUNCTIONS, FOR ITS CUSTOMERS.

erich
01-20-2004, 08:00 AM
I suggest installing IlohaMail on your website. Go to www.ilohamail.org to get it. It even handles Asian fonts properly.

Erich