PDA

View Full Version : Uploading data from a PDA??? Any Idea???

Alejandro
12-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Hello everyone,

This may be quite difficult to do, but perhaps someone brings an idea that may be helpful and this may help someothers around here.

I have to manualy count some boxes I have in the office, once a week. I'm doing a little prog in perl that reads a text file that contains the number of boxes I have. The prog reads (or will read, I'm on it) the number and shows me some info that depends on that number (if I'm under/over stocked, $ needed to complete the stock, etc.)

So I was wondering, if I write that number in my palm, is there a way to send it to my server (as a form or as a whole file or whatsoever) when I sync???

I'm thinking about it to count boxes but there are a LOT of things that may be done if it is possible.

Any ideas???

Alejandro
01-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Just in case it may be helpful for someone, I tryed many things but the only simple thing that worked for me was to keep the data in a CSV file synced with my pda trough "Documentd to Go" software, each time I sync my pda I have to upload the csv file to be readed by my prog... this may be a not-so-professional solution but works :)