PDA

View Full Version : Can't send email from Outlook Express

cbalke
12-09-2003, 04:34 PM
That's pretty much my problem. I set up OE according to the directions, and I can't seem to send email from my domain. Any ideas?

wildjokerdesign
12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
What errors are you getting? Make sure you are useing username@yourdomain.com. You can try setting up the Outgoing Mail Server to require authentication it is located under the Servers tab at the bottom. Click on Settings after selecting the box. Click on Log on using and enter the info. When you do that the Accountname should simply be your username. Password same. That is it click ok to set your new settings.

cbalke
12-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'domain.com', Server: 'domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Here's the error message. I tried your suggestions, but it still doesn't work.... Anything else I can try?

jalal
12-10-2003, 01:14 AM
Did you poll for mail before sending???

firebirdfan
12-10-2003, 02:58 AM
First check if yours is a name based account - then check the My Server Requires Authentication box -it's on the servers tab.

If it's on a dedicated IP, you dont want check that box.

That's the 2 most common problem one should check - hope that helps.

wildjokerdesign
12-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Who is your ISP (Internet Service Porvider)? Do you have any Firewalls or something like Norton running on the computer?

cbalke
12-11-2003, 06:38 AM
Hey, I think it's the firewall. I'm on my work computer right now and everything's working fine.... :) Thanks!