PDA

View Full Version : Site Manager Not Accepting Login from Safari Browser

thenewjazzthing
11-09-2003, 09:19 AM
When attempting to login to Site Manager (http://TheNewJazzThing.com/Manager/) with my Mac OS X Safari browser, I continuously receive the following message:

"Either user, password, ip are incorrect"

When I use IE, I don't get this. Any ideas why?

VO

dansroka
11-15-2003, 12:35 PM
No answer, but just some more data. I have no problems using Safari (v1.0) to log in to my Site Manager (my OS is 10.2.8 ). IE works as well. Maybe Safari's cookies aren't enabled, or Safari's auto-fill feature is filling in the wrong password. (You can, under preferences, delete the auto-fill settings for any domain).

Frisky
11-19-2003, 01:39 AM
I was having the same problem, until I noticed that it only occurred when hitting the "return" key to submit the form. Actually clicking the button to log in has never given me this error, so I have to assume that something in the script that handles the form is looking for a "true" mouse click. I'm slowly training myself to not just hit return when I need to use the site manager.

phcranston
11-24-2003, 11:34 AM
To get Safari to work properly you should click the return button. Not sure why but it definitely works. Hitting the "Return" key returns an error message.