PDA

View Full Version : Allowing Other Users to Change Their Passwords

taw
11-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Our company is pretty small, and we all get along OK, but I'd feel more comfortable if I didn't know my CEO's password. I haven't found any reference as to whether this is possible or not, but it would sure be nice to let each user log in and do nothing else but change his password.

:?:

--taw

wildjokerdesign
11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Are you refering to e-mail accounts?

FZ
11-08-2003, 07:38 AM
taw,

E-mail/FTP account users have their own "mini Site Manager" that they can access at www.yourdomain.com/users/ - once logged in, they have access to a couple of options, one of which is the ability to change their own password. This way, you can set them up with a temporary password via your (main) Site Manager, and then instruct them to change that temporary password (to something that you don't know).

taw
11-10-2003, 08:38 AM
WildJoker:

Yes, I'm referring to email/FTP accounts.

FZ:

This "mini Site Manager" concept is very cool. Your post implies these directories already exist. However, each combination I try returns a "Not Found" error. Perhaps I need to reconfigure something in the main Site Manager for my domain? :shock:

--taw

taw
11-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Oh, I see. I figured it out.

1. Got to http://www.xxx.com/users
2. Login as yourself
3. Accept the license agreement
4. Look at your usage stats or change your password

Duh! :lol:

--Tim

FZ
11-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Yeah, you don't replace /users/ with the username or anything - it is actually /users/ that you go to. Your (main) login will not work there, but all secondary E-mail/FTP accounts can login using that and perform some "maintenance".