PDA

View Full Version : Quota Hit

jackie
10-22-2003, 05:01 PM
A client of mine called to ask why it is that at the top of his email (NeoMail) it says [Quota Hit] -- I would expect that this might be if his email has maxed out -- but looking at the folders and his alloted space - max (35MB) the folders don't appear to add up to the max i.e.
Inbox 137 KB / Saved 8KB/ Trash 8MB / Sent 2MB.
Can someone explain why the Quota Hit shows at the top of each folder... I'm a bit puzzled.

wildjokerdesign
10-22-2003, 07:15 PM
I belive NeoMail has seprate settings then what is set in the Site Manager. Which settings are you refering to?

be4u
02-02-2004, 05:52 AM
A client of mine called to ask why it is that at the top of his email (NeoMail) it says [Quota Hit] -- I would expect that this might be if his email has maxed out -- but looking at the folders and his alloted space - max (35MB) the folders don't appear to add up to the max i.e.
Inbox 137 KB / Saved 8KB/ Trash 8MB / Sent 2MB.
Can someone explain why the Quota Hit shows at the top of each folder... I'm a bit puzzled.

I've had that happen with as little as 10kb's worth of email in Neomail. I've never made it past 30kb in my inbox...what's your client's secret? lol I have my email settings on 'unlimited', so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not planning on keeping Neomail, but I am in search of a replacement.

denis
02-03-2004, 08:41 AM
I had this happen to me. Here's how I solved it:

Go to your site manager and click on 'Site Applications'. Then, under 'Installed Applications', click on the 'Neomails' link. Then under 'Folder Quota' enter the desired KB (i.e. 35000).

Here's something interesting from the Neomail Help page that had me a bit worried...

Folder Quota: Once a user's saved e-mail messages spools meet or exceed this size (in KB), no future messages will be able to be sent to any folder other than TRASH, where they will be immediately deleted, until space is freed.

Not too sure what impact this may have had...

Denis