PDA

View Full Version : miva checkout failure

rob
10-21-2003, 01:15 AM
Really need help!!!

When check out, I got

Fatal Error

Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:
Error Code: MER-MER-00005
Description: Invalid Payment Module

rob
10-21-2003, 01:21 AM
tracking number
of [westhost.com #127272].

rob
10-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Is this due to IP address change and miva license issue?

Or some SSL config stuff?

Please help.

rob
10-22-2003, 11:05 AM
WestHost,

Can you help to resolve this issue???

Nothing is changed on my side.

Rob

wildjokerdesign
10-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Rob you might want to post your questions down in the Miva section of the forum. I do not use Miva but it may be that some of the other users have encoutered this and could help. I sounds familiar. You might even try searching the forum it could be that a fix has be posted.

Shawn

rob
10-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Shawn,

what are you using? I hate Miva and I still got this Miva fatal error!

Thanks for any suggestion.

Rob

wildjokerdesign
10-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Hi Rob,
I do not currently use any shopping carts. I did have a client about two years ago and had used MOF http://www.merchantorderform.com/ then modified the script to the clients needs. I even think it was one WestHost offered but could be one I found on my own.

Now I have one client that sells on thier site but they do not take credit cards so I have simply tied in a modification of a script like Cgi-Email that sends the information to them at their e-mail address since nothing needs to be secure.

I did visit the current MOF site and it looks like the cost on it is 29.95 for a single license and that if you want them to install it they will do it for 179.00 wich includes customaztion of the templates to you your site. As I recall from working with it that it was pretty well documented and easy to customize. It looks like maybe they have made that even easier with the use of CSS. Looks like the program is set up so you can use the simple pay by check method all the way up to using an internet processing gateway. With a quick glance it also supports PayPal payments. That is what the client was using when I had it installed for them.

Shawn

rob
10-25-2003, 01:32 AM
Thanks a lot!

Miva is really bad experience...

wildjokerdesign
10-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Your welcome hope MOF will work for you.

WestHost - BErickson
10-29-2003, 04:03 PM
Rob,

It looks like your issue was resolved in a reply to your ticket. Anyone else with a similar issue should contact our support department, as we have a fix for that Miva problem.

carolyn
10-30-2003, 04:24 AM
Rob,

It looks like your issue was resolved in a reply to your ticket. Anyone else with a similar issue should contact our support department, as we have a fix for that Miva problem.

Could you maybe tell us what the fix IS since support is something less than timely. I have this same problem.

Carolyn