PDA

View Full Version : PhpBB 2.05 install problem

fpool
10-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Has anyone had any luck installing PhpBB Bulletin Board since the 'upgrade' (sic)? I used the nifty 'auto install' from may 'manager page' but the install does not complete and no reason is given why. I must say, I liked the old fashion, inefficient method where I would drop WestHost an email about an add-on and an hour or so later I would get an email back saying the add-on was installed.

www.fpool.com

wildjokerdesign
10-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Hmm... I have not had any problems with it installing and I have put it on several account... In fact I have been having fun with playing with it. I do belive it is reliant on some other stuff already being installed. Make sure you have mySQL installed on your account and if you have not already you might want to install PhpMyAdmin. That will come in handy when you are trying to work with the Styles in phpBB2. I also used it to import a user database on one board. I don't think it needs the Perl - MySQL Libs but wouldn't hurt to have them installed also. Those I mentioned are under Database in Site Applications. Most programs will tell you when they rely on something else when you mouse over the name.

If it is not one of the above not sure what it may be.

Shawn

P.S. John gets my vote this time but it was close... :)

fpool
10-19-2003, 06:58 PM
I should have mentioned that I installed 'MySQL Database' as instructed by phpBB install. However. when I attempt to install 'PhpMyAdmin' i get the error...

Please install the 'Mod-Php' ValueApp first
Command add on ValueApp failed.

...what ever that means.

Thanks

The Dancin FpOOL

fpool
10-19-2003, 07:19 PM
OK, I found Mod-PhP under 'Development' tools got it installed. Then got PhpMyAdmin installed and then, EUREKA! PhPbb installed!

Thanks!

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)
shakes it!

wildjokerdesign
10-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Sorry I did not catch that one for you. I was trying rember what I had installed to make it work but it had been awhile back.

Glad you got it going. It would really help if those where listed in the manual under the install. If they are I missed them.

Shawn