PDA

View Full Version : problem with tomcat

flauntdesign
10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
hi,

There is no group for jsp/tomcat problems. and not a single return for tomcat in any post. if this is not the right place for this question, please direct me elsewhere.

i ran the tomcat install, and the jre install routines, and i am getting no response from the hello.jsp example page. the servlet seems to work fine. i am also getting a 500 error on a test jsp page that i placed on my domain root folder. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the jre and tomcat. any suggestions?

www.flauntdesign.com/hw/

also

www.flauntdesign.com/test2.jsp

thanks!

sixerjman
11-01-2003, 02:11 PM
I would like to see a JSP/Servlet/Tomcat forum also. Anybody that has expertise or interest in this area feel free to e-mail me. I worked with Java servlets before and Apache Java Server Engine (precursor to Tomcat) and am trying to ramp up on JSP and Tomcat.

Thank you.

sixerjman
11-01-2003, 02:28 PM
flaunt, I'm going to try this install and test today and I'll get back to you. Have you tried installing and running the test on your own machine using localhost (127.0.0.1) IP address?

cbeels
11-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi guys,

I am running a tomcat site just fine locally, but when I try to move the webapp to /var/tomcat/webapps, I have no luck at all bringing it up. It created the directory on startup, but didn't unjar. I unjarred manually, but I can't find any URL that will bring up the app. The hardcoded "hw" directory seems to be configured in some magical place that I can't get to.

I tried adding the Context directly in server.xml (though this shouldn't be necessary for a war), but still no luck.

I could hijack "hw" if I could get them to chown the WEB-INF/web.xml file over to me (it's root by default in both hw and ROOT), but no luck so far.

One good hint I picked up from their tech is the restart script for tomcat:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat4 restart

If anyone has managed to bring up a page in ROOT or their own web-apps, please tell me the secret, and what URL to use.

Thanks,
Chris

psy_priest
12-18-2003, 04:10 PM
you should look into /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf its the place where you tell apache to forward stuff to tomcat