PDA

View Full Version : how to put in a list of emails into the alias bar

justus
10-06-2003, 09:10 PM
I want to put in a list of emails into the destination bar , when I put - seed@abc.com, free@abc.com, etc - it says invalid email.

So what should the acclamation be ? "adsad@abc.com","asads@abc.com" .

Thanks your help appreciated.

FZ
10-07-2003, 04:33 AM
justus,

I don't think it will let you add an e-mail alias that sends the mail to many different addresses (since it checks for invalid characters such as , or ; which are used to separate e-mail addresses). For that, you should use a distribution list. Sounds silly, but it should do in this case.

wildjokerdesign
10-07-2003, 11:26 AM
wildplum,

Have read your other post on this subject. I tried the distrbution list on my account and was able to get it to work. When I tried to make a distribution list using and alias I had already created it did give me a run time error but also said it was because the alias was alread in use.

Also read in one of your post that your old aliases where not showing up. So I guess the bottom line is that it seems to not be an overall 2.0 bug but maybe something specific to your account. Have you done anything else to your account that may have affected the aliase setup that you can think of? Maybe we can help you figure it out faster then WH tech can get to it.

Shawn

Corrado Fiore
02-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi all,

does anyone know how many aliases / forward entries are accepted in a WH distribution list alias? A customer asked me to set up a discussion list with 30-40 recipients (no moderation / unsubscribing involved) and I wonder if I shall install Mailman or I can stick to a bare distribution list alias.

Thanks,
Corrado

wildjokerdesign
02-02-2005, 06:20 AM
I think at one time there was a limit of 100 addresses on a distribution list. It sounds like for your needs the distribution list is what you are looking for.

Corrado Fiore
02-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Ah, you're right. I should have checked the manuals before posting to the forums ("RTFM"):

The Distribution List is currently restricted to a max of 100 mail e-mail addresses. This limit will be raised in the near the future, but for now, if you have a mailing list larger than 100 addresses you will need to use MojoMail.

I guess there will be no need to install Mailman.

Thanks for helping.

Cheers,
Corrado