PDA

View Full Version : Domain name locked

Captain Tylor
10-03-2003, 12:20 AM
I registered the domain irresponsible-otaku.com about two weeks ago through the Westhost page. I've done WhoIs checks and most say registration service provided by Westhost but the domain is held by enom. It also has a Registrar-Lock status on it(and thus doesn't work). I was wanting to know how I get this removed, and/or who I have to contact to get information so I can manage the domain? I've already paid, and never received any type of password or login info that I'm aware of.

REC-WH
10-03-2003, 10:56 AM
I registered the domain irresponsible-otaku.com about two weeks ago through the Westhost page. I've done WhoIs checks and most say registration service provided by Westhost but the domain is held by enom. It also has a Registrar-Lock status on it(and thus doesn't work). I was wanting to know how I get this removed, and/or who I have to contact to get information so I can manage the domain? I've already paid, and never received any type of password or login info that I'm aware of.

The domain names are locked to keep someone from transferring it without your permission. Your registration company should have a procedure for unlocking it. Logon to you account and see FAQ. Unlock it and then you can transfer it. I think this is done because of a recent lawsuit about stealing some domain names. The court awarded several million dollars.

Charlie

Captain Tylor
10-03-2003, 02:58 PM
The domain names are locked to keep someone from transferring it without your permission. Your registration company should have a procedure for unlocking it. Logon to you account and see FAQ. Unlock it and then you can transfer it.

I should clarify I guess. The problem is, I don't have an account with them. I registered the name through Westhost's system(it's not a transfer), expecting to be able to manage it from my Westhost account, or some tool on the Westhost site. Instead the registrar is enom.com, but I never got any account info from Westhost or enom, so I have no access to the domain at all. I need to know who/where I am supposed to get the info from.

wildjokerdesign
10-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Captain Tylor,
If you registered through WestHost they should have the information you need. If it is 9-5 MST time you can try the phone support or live chat. If not you could submit a support ticket.

I had some problems a while back with getting my login and password and they had to resend itl. That was befor 2.0 so it may take them a bit to get it to you through the support ticket system.

Once you get the info you should be able to log in via http://www.domains.westserver.net

Shawn

Captain Tylor
10-04-2003, 02:29 AM
I'll go ahead and put in a support ticket, see where that goes. Thanks for the help.