PDA

View Full Version : Custom Error Pages..

dahj
09-30-2003, 02:54 PM
To anyone who may know the answer to this:

After the 2.0 upgrade, my missing.html page no longer works when an invalid url is called. Is there a certain fix that I need to do to get this to work again? :?

FZ
09-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Log in to your Site Manager, click on Site Applications, Tools and install Apache Error Message. See http://manual.westhost.com/apacheerror.html for more info.

dahj
09-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Is it as simple as installing the Apache Error Message? That as I was looking at only works for the conditions you specify. What if I just want a general message that will apply to all errors?

summitlake
09-30-2003, 10:18 PM
After reading this I installed AEM for just errors 400 and 404 and pointed it to my old custom missing.html. This seems to serve the same function as I had before. I can't remember the exact criteria for invoking missing.html before, but in actual practice I get 404's, and the error logs show most of my visitors do too.

FZ
10-01-2003, 09:58 AM
dahj,

You could install it and specify to use the same page (e.g. error.html) for all errors (if it lets you - I have not tried it myself). If you prefer, you could also have the same functionality using a .htaccess file instead of having to install that application. If you would like to try it this way, let me know and I'll help you out.

dahj
10-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the offer design64 but I just decided to go with the single custom 404 page. It seems to be working. I continually have new products coming and old products being discontinued on my website, and when the visit a page that no longer exists, I don't want to lose them (even though most likely I will). The custom error page really helps with that. Thank you everyone for your posts.