PDA

View Full Version : ACCESS DENIED in Admin Panel

Naughty Girl
09-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Hi,
When I tried to access my control panel, it allowed me in where I could see the calander, etc. All good so far. But then when I clicked on the name of my URL to access all of my features, the popup window displayed, "ACCESS DENIED".
Well now, did I **** off the West Host gods or what? Has anyone ever had this problem before? Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Naughty Girl

wildjokerdesign
09-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Hi Naughty Girl,

Ok where is this calendar? I never have seen one. It makes me wonder if you are getting into the Account Manager instead of the Site Manager.

The Account Manager is not yet up and running although some folks have been able to get into parts of it. Once the migration is all done and WH has all the accounts stable they will be activating it for all users. Once it is you will be able to log in and look at all your accounts and then go straight to any of their Site Managers.

The Site Manager for your account should be running now but if it has a calendar I have never seen one. You access it by going to http://yourdomain.com/manager/ where you log in with username and password.

So is that the situation? If not I want to know how I can get a calendar on my Site Manager.... does it have pictures? :)

summitlake
09-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Possibly Site Manager was the entry point? A calendar can be reached at http://yourdomain/wusage if you have wusage installed. It can also be reached through Site Applications/Tools if the Wusage 8.0 listing is there; click "Link".

jalal
09-28-2003, 03:24 PM
No, its the account manager. i also get a calender. The purpose of which evades me at the moment... :)

Above the calendar are the URL's of the sites that the account manager manages. And on my installation they work so I'm sorry, I can't help you here.

But, its probably easier if you access your sites through the Site Manager anyway. That should work for you. The Account Manager doesn't currently add any extra functionality over the Site Manager.

Kyrsh
09-28-2003, 04:13 PM
I got the same "Access Denied" around noon CST yesterday (still getting it) through the Account Manager when clicking on my domain name above the calendar. I then went to www.mydomain.com/manager to the Site Manager 2.0 login and tried to get in from there. It still wouldn't let me in. I'd joined WestHost on 9/16 and knew they were experiencing problems with migration and such.

It was pretty frustrating, but then I remembered somewhere reading they reset some passwords...which I'd changed from the default they'd assigned when they setup my account. I tried that original password and it worked! So, if you have the password they assigned you when you setup your account, you might want to give that a try.

Good luck!

Kyrsh :)

Naughty Girl
09-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Hi,
You are right. I was trying to access through my account manager instead of the site manager. I went through http://account.westhost.com to access the account manager and then clicked on my URL from there. In the past it has worked, so I guess it is experiancing some current problems which hopefully West Host will get fixed soon. In the mean time I am able to access through the Site Manager. Thank you.

Wiggins
10-05-2003, 02:34 PM
I have the same problem, and the solution here would probably work but considering I still have my domain pointed at my old hosting provider and need to access it by IP, and the account manager references by URL I am basically out of luck. So looks like I will be attempting to get through to support which I don't hold much luck of actually succeeding.

Getting real close to my 30 day trial ending and this is one rat that is about to jump ship....

Wiggins
10-08-2003, 07:57 PM
I have the same problem, and the solution here would probably work but considering I still have my domain pointed at my old hosting provider and need to access it by IP, and the account manager references by URL I am basically out of luck. So looks like I will be attempting to get through to support which I don't hold much luck of actually succeeding.

Getting real close to my 30 day trial ending and this is one rat that is about to jump ship....

Ok since I am a persistent person and was sick of not being able to access any of my stuff, I figured I would login and mess around at the CLI for a while. Doing so led me into the manager directory, so I sourced the index file in there and found a redirector to a cgi script, apparently something wasn't working quite right in all of that. But I figured what the hell, so I took my static IP address tacked on the redirector location to it and fired it up.... and I was able to login and actually set up some email accounts which seem to work, other than the web mail still doesn't but I can live with out it for a couple of weeks until I find a hack around it.... So if anyone else runs into this problem you should try the following:

http://1.1.1.1/cgi-bin/.admin.redirect.sh

Where your 1.1.1.1 is replaced with your IP address (mind the (dot) before the 'admin').

mmm
10-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Is there any person who solved after that on the above-mentioned problem?
My site manager cannot access all the time.
Having noticed recently, the IP address of my site is sometimes changed.

wildjokerdesign
10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
mmm,

If you have the starter package you would not have a static IP. Only the packages above that have the static. If that is not your case then something is wrong.

When you say that your site manager is not accessable all the time, do you get anything when you go to yourdomain.com/manager/ or do you get a page not available error?

Shawn

mmm
10-13-2003, 10:32 AM
I am sure of WestHost being wrong.
It only waits for the reply of a ticket without haste.

-------------------
mydomain.com/manager/
mydomain.com/cgi-bin/.admin.redirect.sh

403 - Forbidden

If it goes via an account manager, it will be displayed as a "ACCESS DENIED."

mmm
10-13-2003, 08:59 PM
Westhost corrected at last.
It took 2weeks.

wildjokerdesign
10-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Good to hear. Now if they can just get that response time cut down.

mmm
10-14-2003, 01:00 AM
wildjokerdesign.
I appreciate your worry.Thank you.

wizard
10-28-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the information guys, just one question tho. What can one do when you dont know your Site Manger password and therefore cannot access it through (http://yourdomain/manager). I changed the Site Manager password to experiment with some of the features when i signed up. I believed that i would be able to always access it through my Account Manager (http://account.westhost.com) The only problem is now it is completely down whereas before it would say Access Denied.

Basically i need my Site Manager password reset to my Account Manager password or to a default password, cause otherwise i'm helpless.
I hope some of the Westhost Staff can support. I have emailed but i do understand that they are busy with the migration

Oh yeah, and i also have no idea what the calendar was for...