PDA

View Full Version : Adding additional Domain Names

REC-WH
09-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Has anyone successfully use the Control Panel to add additional Domain Names to their account?

I assume that you just add the additional Domain Names use the Domain Management and then change your DNS with your registration company?

I assume you would change the DNS to NS.WESTHOST.NET & NS2.WESTHOST.NET? This is still used on my domain.

I know it takes several days for the change to get through the network. Is there any other thing required?

WH manual does not fully explained what is required beside just adding the domain name.

Help Please!

Charlie

squidier
10-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Anyone any ideas? I need help with this too.
I've added a new domain to my account with the domain manager, pointed it to a subdirectory, switched the nameservers to westhost, but now when I type the new domain into my browser it goes to my main web site, not the subdirectory I made for it.

justus
10-05-2003, 04:41 AM
Guys I was having the same prob too & by God's grace manage to resolve it.

As REC has it specifying the path to the folder you want to is correct.

Note: You will have to create the folder first via ftp into that main account before the path specified will work in your control panel.

But now my problem is - how do i get those domains created under that account to have their own emails- everytime i login into the xyz.com/manager it goes to my main account manager.

you guys having the same problems ? reseller accounts right ?

BTW the DNS update only takes a full 24 hrd usually by noon next day.