PDA

View Full Version : Neomail

gtroberts
09-26-2003, 09:26 AM
I have done as listed above, but when I setup the accounts in Neomail it only lists my main domain and not others others. How do I get this to show?

wildjokerdesign
09-26-2003, 10:18 AM
If you are trying to log into Neomail you would have to use the different usernames and passwords for each e-mail account to view that accounts e-mail. Is that what you where asking about?

wildjokerdesign
09-26-2003, 10:27 AM
In your main Site Manager if you go to E-Mail/FTP Management >> Users and then click on a user name it will open thier Mini Site Manager. Then under E-mail/FTP Management >> Webmail the link to Neomail should show up. You have to first install Neomail through your Main Site Manager at Site Applications >> Communications.

Is that more what you where asking?

gtroberts
09-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Nope to anything listed above.

When you enter in as a new user for the first time into Neomail it asks you to setup your basic information. Like your Realname, etc. Behind the username and @ symbol is a select box that lists all the domains that the user can have for their email addresses. Mine only lists my main domain. I would like it to list the other domains as well so users can set the other domains as their main email address.

wildjokerdesign
09-26-2003, 03:17 PM
I found this in /var/neomail/neomail.conf

# domainnames - Users can choose their outgoing mail domain from any
# one listed in this array, enabling admins to now only install a single
# copy of NeoMail and still support multiple domains.
@domainnames = qw( domain.com );

I would assume that if you added them here they would show up. Not sure of this and I would advise making a backup to restore it to.

Hope that helps.

Shawn

P.S. Here is a link to Neomail page that may have more details on this...
http://www.neomail.org/

gtroberts
09-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Just add the domains you want listed in the order you want them listed. Seperate them with just a space.

For example:

# copy of NeoMail and still support multiple domains.
@domainnames = qw( smithfieldfire.org gtroberts.org );

They will appear in the listbox from top to bottom in the order that they are listed.

Thanks for your help Shawn!

-GTR

wildjokerdesign
09-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Glad it worked. I was wondering what the seperation should be which was why I was hesitant in my suggestion.