PDA

View Full Version : Email not forwarding to Outlook Express

cmievents
09-24-2003, 05:16 PM
I can't get my mail through my outlook mailbox. I'm having to go to webmail everytime. How do I correct this?
domain: cmievents.com
ticket: none
Thank you,
Cherry

WestHost - MStevenson
09-24-2003, 06:05 PM
cmievents,

Are you getting any specific error? If you account has been upgraded to WestHost 2.0 then you will need to make sure you enter your new username into the program. To do this in Outlook Express you need to:

1. Click "Tools" from the top menu bar.
2. Click "Accounts..." from the "Tools" drop down menu.
3. Select the account you wish to modify from the "Internet Accounts" window by clicking it.
4. Click "Properties" from the right hand buttons.
5. Click the "Servers" tab from the top of the "Properties" box.
6. Change your "Account name:" to the new username for your WestHost 2.0 account (username@yourdomain.com).
7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

That is for Outlook Express on a PC, I think it may be a little different on a MAC but it should be fairly similar.

cmievents
09-26-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm not receiving any error messages. I'm able to send mail but only receive mail from my ISP account. I've tried using mail.cmievents.com
as my Incoming Mail (POP3) and nothing.
I tried everything I could find in forum, but nothing is helping me.
Yesterday, I got a email in Outlook and couldn't believe my eyes. I hadn't changed anything. After that, I tried sending a test message. It showed up in Webmail okay, but did not forward to my Outlook Express. Do I have to change something in manager to forward my mail?
My FTP is working fine with the new settings. What should I do next.

cmievents
10-03-2003, 02:05 PM
I did what you stated below and I am receiving all mail now addressed to cmievents@cmievents.com only. Do I have to change something in Manager to receive any mail addressed to ie cmurwin@cmievents.com or info@cmievents.com?

cmievents,

Are you getting any specific error? If you account has been upgraded to WestHost 2.0 then you will need to make sure you enter your new username into the program. To do this in Outlook Express you need to:

1. Click "Tools" from the top menu bar.
2. Click "Accounts..." from the "Tools" drop down menu.
3. Select the account you wish to modify from the "Internet Accounts" window by clicking it.
4. Click "Properties" from the right hand buttons.
5. Click the "Servers" tab from the top of the "Properties" box.
6. Change your "Account name:" to the new username for your WestHost 2.0 account (username@yourdomain.com).
7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

That is for Outlook Express on a PC, I think it may be a little different on a MAC but it should be fairly similar.

ccwebb
10-03-2003, 03:39 PM
If you have a catchall set up in manager then all incoming mail will default to it. In other words all mail whether cmievents, cmurwin, info and qqqqqq (for example) will come out in one pull of outlook express.

Also, in manager you can set up separate email accounts in case you want person1 to pull cmievents, person2 to pull cmurwin, and person3 to pull info.

Charlie