PDA

View Full Version : Create New Directory

friedsonjm
09-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Is it possible to create a new subdirectory using the site manager? If so, I just can't seem to find it..

Likewise, I could do this via FTP, but I can't seem to figure out how to set the ftp directory path in site manager to point to the root, rather that use the ftp directory as a 'root.'

any help appreciated!

jf

lonestarr
09-24-2003, 01:42 AM
jf,

What ftp program are you using, I can help you out if you are using WS-FTP.

Also, with the account control file manager, there is a button on the very top of the page that says "Create a Directory Here." Is this not working for you?

-Dominick

friedsonjm
09-24-2003, 04:14 AM
Now that you mention it, I can't get in to the file manager! It does not accept my reseller name/password, nor any ftp one.... am I missing something?

ALso, I do use WSFTP..problem is, I can't get it to move above the ftp directory.

any help appreciated!

jf

FZ
09-24-2003, 08:21 AM
The username and password you use for it should be mydomain (no @domain.com part) and the password you use for your Site Manager access. If it still gives you an error, then you need to "fix it": http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4397#2713

About your FTP problems, are you sure you are using the right details to log in? You need to use domain@domain.com as the username and the same password as the Site Manager to access your account as root.

friedsonjm
09-24-2003, 09:06 AM
That worked! Thanks so much!

jf

FZ
09-24-2003, 11:16 AM
My pleasure :)