PDA

View Full Version : IMP

faithtech
09-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Is IMP only an option for IP based accounts? I have a name based account (reseller) and Neomail seems to be the only installable option. Is that right? I can't find any documentation that says it has to be IP based.

Roger
Reseller: faithtech

wildjokerdesign
09-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Yes you are right IMP will only work with an IP based account. A few other users had the same question and got the answer from one of the moderators. It is mentioned someplace but can't remember right now I just remember thinking it was easy to miss.

Shawn

faithtech
09-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info WJD. Do you know anything about Neomail? I am confused about it saying that it uses its own disk space... does that mean that it is separate from a pop3 account? I am just looking for something my clients can use to check their email from the web (pop3 account).

Thanks,
Roger

FZ
09-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Roger,

You should give NeoMail a go. I use it and prefer it to IMP. About it "using its own disk space" I am not really sure what that means either - I guess it is just referring to the fact that it needs a couple of MBs of space to be installed/used (because it has so many files/options). Should not be a problem as long as you have a decent amount of free disk space on your account. It is not separate from the POP3s on your account - once you set it up, the users of your E-mail accounts can login straight away with their existing POP3 details and they will be shown the mail residing in their respective mailboxes (the mail that has not been downloaded off the server, that is). In other words, it works great as a supplement to POP3 accounts. I use it all the time.

wildjokerdesign
09-25-2003, 08:31 AM
I think Fayez is correct about the disk space. I took it to mean that it would make a new file system where it would keep the mail stored as opposed to just using the existing mail files.

Shawn

faithtech
09-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a try
:)