PDA

View Full Version : email password

J_M
09-22-2003, 03:32 PM
There is a domain password and a site manager password, and there appears to be a password for the "default" email account (domain@domain.com)

How do I change that default email password?

thanks,

J

FZ
09-22-2003, 03:57 PM
The Site Manager password, domain@domain.com e-mail password, SSH and FTP password are all the same. It can be changed using the Site Manager: http://manual.westhost.com/part1.html#gi-pass

And by the "domain password", do you mean for your domain control panel (i.e. WestHost being your domain registrar)?

J_M
09-22-2003, 05:20 PM
I logged into the account tool to access the new passwords and there are 3 passwords:

domain
site manager
default email

In my case the domain and site manager are the same, the email is different. And, the Westhost manual says that you can change either the domain and/or the site manager password but it doesn't mention the email. If I set up new email accounts those passwords can change, but there isn't any info about changing the password for the default "domain@domain.com" address.

J

FZ
09-22-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry, but I am a bit confused. From your second post, I understand that you are talking about the password tool that tells you your new WestHost 2.0 passwords (so you have not been migrated yet). If I understand this, and your question correctly, then yes, you can change the password for the default domain@domain.com e-mail address through the Site Manager (once you are on 2.0). By saying in my previous post that they are "all the same" I meant that when you change the password with the Site Manager, all of the above-mentioned passwords (which are the same as the Site Manager password) would change too. So, for example, if you used pass123 for the Site Manager, you'd use that same pass for FTP, SSH and the default e-mail account. If you changed this to pass456 using the Site Manager, you would have to change your FTP, SSH and default e-mail passwords too.

Hope that helps.