PDA

View Full Version : Setting up email to alternate domains

stoczko
09-22-2003, 01:09 PM
I am a newbie and I cannot figure out how to setup email to my alternate domain names. I have my primary domain email working fine but for the life of me I cannot figure our how to get email to my secondary domains.

For example, primary domain is frank@primary.com (works fine). I would like to setup frank@secondary.com.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

FZ
09-22-2003, 03:25 PM
If you have not already done so, you need to have your secondary domain added to your WestHost account as a domain pointer ($10 one time). If you have one of the more expensive packages it probably includes a number of these for free in which case you'd just have WestHost add it (and you wouldn't be charged). Once it is added, the second domain is basically a "mirror" of your first in that frank@secondary.com would be the same as frank@primary.com in that they'd both end up in the same place, and in your site manager would show up as one entry (frank). Unfortunately you can't have frank@secondary differentiate from frank@primary through the Site Manager. However, you could do that if you really needed to, using something like Procmail.