PDA

View Full Version : Bazaar!! Alias problem but check this...

J3
09-21-2003, 08:49 PM
I manage the domain and website for my church and have also setup a number of POP accounts and aliases. Now here is the issue:

If I send an email to an alias (ie. mike@domain.com) I get a bounce back saying that the address does not exist. Now here is the catch, it only has a problem when I am sending an email from my home computer. :?

I can send email to that alias, or any other alias for that matter, from any other computer and it works just fine. It appears to only be a problem for my computer! What gives?

I am seriously at my witts end with this one. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

wildjokerdesign
09-22-2003, 06:39 AM
What type of connection/ISP do you use at home is it diffrent from the others? Is the e-mail program or OS diffrent?

This really is strange although I have heard other problems related to user systems being diffrent it usally was the Site Manager that was effected.

J3
09-23-2003, 02:09 PM
I use a DSL line and so does my church, and too we are all using Outlook 2K on XP boxes. However, I don't believe that would be an issue. This problem recently occurred when the conversions started.

I can't for the life of me figure out what could cause such a problem. Very, very strange!

torrin
09-23-2003, 03:10 PM
How are you sending the E-mail? Through Yahoo!? Through Outlook? Through your own mail server that you run at home? Did you try sending it using different methods on your computer?

If it's through Outlook what are the connection settings?

I guess the best advice is to look at a setup that works and your non-working setup and find what the difference is. Once you do that, you have a better chance of fixing it.

wildjokerdesign
09-23-2003, 06:14 PM
J3,
Are you running through any firewalls or anti-virus programs that are diffrent on the machines. I think there is a bug in the sendmail and I belive they are looking at it. It could be hard for them to track down and might take them awhile. Mail sending seems to get affected by users on a connection that is not a static IP. I think like torrin said about all you can do at this point is see if you can find that one diffrence your home computer may have or wait till they can track the problem down. I get a relaying denied on e-mails back and forth when I send and have gotten used to just resending and they go. Wish we could give you an easy answer.

J3
09-30-2003, 08:54 PM
I seem to have fixed the problem. Here is what I did:

I logged into the old control panel and went to "edit" my forwarding addresses but made no changes, clicked the update button, and gave it a shot.

All forwarding addresses now work. I suppose it just needed a refresh of sorts. In any case, it is fixed and I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks.