PDA

View Full Version : Password reset for individual users

avila
09-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Is it possible for individuals with POP email and/or FTP enabled to change their own passwords with WestHost 2.0?

I understand that shell is no longer an option for individual users, but I'm looking for a solution which would allow each person to create a password known only to the specific individual.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

wildjokerdesign
09-21-2003, 01:04 PM
If you are createing individual user accounts and not just aliases pointed to your main address they each have thier "own" Site Manager that they can use to log in and change thier password. You can access the same by clicking on thier user name.

avila
09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Thank you, Wild Joker Design.

These are individual accounts. I can't seem to find a way for them to access Site Manager without first giving my own login information. The online manual refers to a www.mydomain.com/SM but I've had no success with this so far.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

FZ
09-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Avila,

The control panel for the "secondary users" of your account is at www.yourdomain.com/users/ This way, they can log in with their own details and don't require yours. They're able to change a couple of settings with this "mini" control panel, including a password change option.

avila
09-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Fayez,

Thank you so very much. This was exactly what I needed to know. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

FZ
09-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Avila,

I'm glad it helped.