PDA

View Full Version : wusage 8.0

summitlake
09-20-2003, 11:58 PM
I have set up wusage 8.0 a couple of times over the past two weeks (summitlake.com). The second time was a "clean install" - I deleted the first 8.0 installation and re-did it.

It gives every appearance of installing correctly, and immediately displays log stats for the current (installation) week and day.

But those stats are frozen, and never increment from day to day or week to week. The current executive summary is "stuck" on some data that looks like it would represent part of the day's activity for 9/12.

I know we have much more serious issues out there that need top priority. So, I do not have a ticket on this item -- just wondering if anybody already knows a fix for this.

Thanks

Mafdet
09-26-2003, 10:49 AM
I've had similar problems with Wusage (aside from not liking 8.0 anyway). At first, I appeared to have the stats, but there's been nothing since 9/12. Also, I want to configue it to show referrers by page, but I don't know where the right files are. Manual said what to do but not where, and there are so many more files now that it's confusing.

I did see a post a while back about problems using Webalizer and Wusage together, and how to fix it. That might help, but I can't find the post.

I agree with you about getting tickets when some sites are still down or have major problems. However, I do need to look at Wusage eventually, especially since my traffic is drastically off (based on a counter) and I don't know for sure whether some people are having trouble getting to the site.

wildjokerdesign
09-26-2003, 02:43 PM
I think the the post Mafdet was referring to has to do with the fact that Webalizer if installed on your account will not allow Wusage to work. I know this was how it was before 2.0 but not sure if it is the same with 2.0. The best bet would be to make sure Webalizer is not installed.

I have never liked either and use a counter through SiteMeter that gives me all the info I need in a very easy to read format. The basic service is free and the code is easy to add to your pages. You can upgrade and pay for more types of reports but I have found the free service to be enough. It does not have to show as a counter you can choose simply have it display a small site meter icon if you don't want the count to show on your page.
www.sitemeter.com
Shawn

summitlake
09-28-2003, 08:46 PM
I never got wusage to work, so I reinstalled Webalizer. I am used to it from my old host, and have figured out to extract some cumulative reporting totals I want.

Webalizer seems to work fine, has incremented already. I must have been the only person with the wusage 8.0 problem.

I'll delete wusage today or tomorrow. I entered a ticket but never got a ticket # though email adress is not a problem. I would cancel the ticket if I knew of a record of it.

summitlake
09-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Few things are tackier than replying to myself on my own post. Nonetheless, I see Mafdet did have the same problem. WildJoker, I too had read the post about not having Wusage and Webalizer installed at the same time. I had uninstalled the default Webalizer before beginning the wusage efforts. Thanks all. Cheers