PDA

View Full Version : Catch-all reset?

wildjokerdesign
09-20-2003, 09:29 AM
I had one client account where I had gone in and set up thier aliases and, I thought, removed the catch-all. They contacted me today and said that they had started reciveing a larg amount of spam again. I went in to thier account and the catch-all was re-activated.

Now it may have been that on the first round I had only thouht I had removed thier catch-all but I do not think so. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Shawn

Mafdet
09-21-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm also getting email to names not listed as aliases. Site Manager doesn't show a Catch-All, but it's behaving as if it's there.

Branwen

magnatechonline
09-22-2003, 08:03 AM
my catchall was reset (back on) on 2.0 xfer, however - if it hadn't been i would certainly have lost all my email because i used aliases/lists/forwarding for everything, which were lost in the xfer.

i have emailed 3 times to support without receiving a response back if i can do without the catchall - for the time being, i just made the catchall a dummy address that i pop to a spam folder.

since WH support hasn't answered me, i guess its just learn on your own.
i will certainly get rid of the catchall soon - this latest gibe worm is filling all our mailboxes here - but with another round of wh2.0 xfers coming up next week, i'd feel safer not experimenting until 2 weeks after the next round of problems are fixed.

-joe