PDA

View Full Version : Email storage quotas and autoresponder questions

kitkat
09-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Apologies in advance if these questions have been answered previously.

It seems that my autoresponders aren't working properly in 2.0. I've sent numerous test messages and haven't received an auto-reply as expected. In Site Manager, I double-checked the individual email settings, and each has autoresponder enabled. On clicking the username, I can see the autoresponder message which should be sent out.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Also, some of my users received a lot of "Microsoft Update" spam over the past couple of days - enough to exceed their 35 mb quota mailboxes. I lowered the quotas to 10 mb per mailbox.

After deleting the spam and trying to block it by preventing messages over 100 kb in size, I'm at a loss to explain how a user with a 10 mb quota mailbox could accumulate 40 mb of spam in 2 days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/kitkat

FZ
09-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Not that this will help, but autoresponders seem to work fine for me. Do you know how to use SSH? If so, you could use that to check your autoresponder's message, etc. Let me know if you'd like try this. I just tested the maxmum e-mail size too (both incoming and outgoing) and it worked. Weird.

Anyway, you could always use Procmail to filter those particular (incoming) e-mails (i.e. delete them) if you wanted to. See http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=151#538 and http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=239 for more info. If it seems daunting, let me know and I'll do the code for you - it'll just be filtering by subject or from: so it shouldn't be too bad.

Wiggins
11-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Apologies in advance if these questions have been answered previously.

It seems that my autoresponders aren't working properly in 2.0. I've sent numerous test messages and haven't received an auto-reply as expected. In Site Manager, I double-checked the individual email settings, and each has autoresponder enabled. On clicking the username, I can see the autoresponder message which should be sent out.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Also, some of my users received a lot of "Microsoft Update" spam over the past couple of days - enough to exceed their 35 mb quota mailboxes. I lowered the quotas to 10 mb per mailbox.

After deleting the spam and trying to block it by preventing messages over 100 kb in size, I'm at a loss to explain how a user with a 10 mb quota mailbox could accumulate 40 mb of spam in 2 days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/kitkat

We noticed a problem with the auto responders, as well, after September 9th (I think it was) (aka the 2.0 transition). As it turns out a new "feature" of the auto responder is that it will only send one a day per email address. You should get at least one for the sending account, but you won't get additional ones. The script that controls the actions of the auto responder is stored in the /etc/virt_users/<account> directory and is named .auto_replay.sh if you are a savvy user you can hack it up to remove the restriction.