PDA

View Full Version : GD.PM Gone?

kb4ob
09-19-2003, 12:33 PM
I have been utilizing an old CGI counter script (vcounter.CGI) for the last three years to generate unique counter digits for all of my web pages with virtually no problems.
When my site was upgraded, all of my counters quit working because GD.PM was apparently not included in the library files on new servers.
I tried to compile it myself with Makefile but got permission denied message.

Anyone else using GD.PM or have a workaround.
I submitted a support request 2 weeks ago but guess it went in black hole somewhere.

BeaverheadRiver
09-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I was also missing GD.pm in the WH 2.0 conversion. Couple of days ago WH did resolve the ticket by installing GD.pm. Don't know how it was done, but the ticket mentioned it took several hours to install GD.pm and all the supporting libraries.

Now my weather script is functioning properly using GD.pm.

WestHost - CSimiskey
09-23-2003, 12:03 AM
kb4bob,

It hasn't gone into a blackhole, although it may admittedly seem that way, especially if you did not receive an auto-reply. We are getting to tickets as quickly as possible. We should have a reply to you soon if you have not already received one. If you have a ticket number, please post it or PM it to me and I will see what we can do to get the GD perlmod installed on your account.

kb4ob
09-23-2003, 07:22 AM
I did not receive a ticket # for my support request, probably because I used an email address on my domain. I have ssince started using an external address.

I have uploaded the required version of GD.PM in a subdirectory named gd1.3 under my CGI-BIN subdirectory at www.rvweb.net.

WestHost - CSimiskey
09-23-2003, 11:59 AM
GD 2.0.15 and the perl module for it have been installed, but there still appears to be a problem with the counter, but unfortunately there isn't much of an error in the logs to indicate what it is failing on now. We are still looking at it and will post again when it is working.

WestHost - CSimiskey
09-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Alrighty, your counter is now working properly (at least it is displaying a count (currently at 14172). If you have tickets in regarding this, I would like to be able to find them and get them closed. If you aren't sure of ticket #'s, please PM me the e-mail address you submitted them under. Thank you.

kb4ob
09-23-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks Very Much.
Its working again
:D