PDA

View Full Version : Istill cant login

Gurukitty
09-19-2003, 10:40 AM
I joined a long time ago, and I jsut got my login information a few days ago, and i cannot login, i cant even go to the account maintenace(??) form.

I've tried everything i can think of all I can think is that i registered my domain thru enom,and got gurukitty.com and the westhost account says gurukitty.ca ,but i dont see howthat could cause the problems.

all I have been able to do so far is login to the control panel, and i can create an ftp account but not login to it.

its been quite a few days now, and i'm getting anxious that I'm paying andI cant do anything.

wildjokerdesign
09-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Gurukitty,

Have you checked this page http://members.westhost.com/newprocedure.html it leads you through all the steps. Also have you submitted a support ticket. Some times it helps WestHost track your problem if you post your ticket number. For many of us the only way we have been getting the ticket number sent to us is to use an e-mail address outside the WestHost system like a free Yahoo account.

If none of the above helps or is confusing let us no and I am sure one of the other users or myself can help you figure out something.
Shawn

FZ
09-19-2003, 11:17 AM
What is the error? Does it reject your password or what?

For FTP and e-mail, you have to use domainname@domainname.com as the username and domainname.com as the FTP server. The domainname has to be the one WestHost uses, though...

FZ
09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Beat again... I wish I could lock a topic while I am posting a reply ;)

Gurukitty
09-19-2003, 11:52 AM
well when we login to the control panel we can login just fine and install addons create FTP accounts and all that jazz. but when you first login and your on the main page where it has the calender and the list of domain and it says "To update your contact information you will currently need to complete our Account Maintenance Form. In the future, you will be able to edit your contact information by following the "My Account" link above. " when we try to complete that "Account Maintenance Form" it says
password not autheticated
Enter a username

when i have entered the username and password westhost gave us.

the problem is that the domain name gurukitty.ca doesnt exist. we wanted it but westhost told us that they can resister canadian .ca one so we told them that we will use our already registered gurukitty.com domain name we registered at a diffrent registar. A millinium later wehn we finnally got our login information they had it as gurukitty.ca. So now all the email accounts and FTP informationis all going to .ca when it doesnt even exist.

when we login to FTP is says that: adress lookup gurukitty.ca doesnt exist.

We have tried every way possible and every example of loggin in imaginable for FTP nothing is working. we had been in contact with westhost but we are now not getting replies.

we litterally havent been able to do anythign at all with our domain and we've had it for quite a while. We just want to get our site back up. This is a new account we've had for a couple weeks and we havent been able to do a thing.

gurukitty.ca shouldnt even be in this at all, it doesnt exist, it's not a registered domain name and we told them that we were using gurukitty.com. why there is anythign at all to do with gurukitty.ca i dont knwo but i think it might be whats causeing the problems. when i looked around not being able to do anythign the administraters emails said postmater@gurukitty.ca all the ftp and emails i attempted to setup were .ca and it doest exist.

I hope someone can please look into this and get it fixed! It's been so long and we arent getting any replies to emails or anything. :cry:

FZ
09-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Gurukitty,

Have you sent in support request tickets? If not, you should do that and set the priority level a little higher. Rest assured WestHost will reply - they've just been swamped with supports requests this past month.

About your domain mix up, that is really strange. I would not expect WestHost to set up an account based on a domain that does not even exist! Are you sure they did that? :( Also, gurukitty.com is registered and your DNS is pointed to WestHost which is all fine, but it "does not work": http://www.samspade.org/t/lookat?a=gurukitty.com Not sure why that would happen, though. Only thing I can think of is that you need to go to your domain registrar and get them to add a Cname or something for your WestHost server IP (i.e. the domain isn't "set up properly").

Which brings me to my suggestion as a temporary workaround: use the IP address that WestHost has supplied you with to work on your site in the meanwhile. You should be able to find it in the new account details e-mail that WestHost sent you (the one that contained your username and password, etc.)

Hope that helps you.

Gurukitty
09-19-2003, 12:36 PM
By support ticket you mean the the support form on the website contactus, yes we have, a couple times. Nothing.

Our domain whois information:
Domain Name: GURUKITTY.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.WEST-DATACENTER.NET
Name Server: NS2.WEST-DATACENTER.NET
Updated Date: 16-sep-2003
Creation Date: 24-aug-2003
Expiration Date: 24-aug-2004

It's been setup and pointing the the information that westhost gave us. If theres anythign wrong with that please tell us. although i dont think that thats what would prevent our FTP and everything else to not work.

We've already tried logging in with the ip adress. that was one of the first things we tried. We've tried every login way, weve contacted westhost everyway possible. I dont want to bombard them with more emails they have to sift through i want my original support requests and emails dealt with.

the reason it doesnt work is becasue in our control panel it has gurukitty.ca. i've looked at it, everything in or control panel says .ca .ca .ca everything. in our control panel it says nothing about.com at all. when i belive it should.

If i could just get thier attention for 2 seconds.... I just want this dealt with. I cant afford to just hand over money like this, we dont have money to burn we had to save up to pay for this and now if feels liek we are not getting anything for our money we just handed over.

So yeah like i said:
already tried logging in everyway possible
already tried contacting westhost everyway possible.

the only thing it can be is that domain name crap.

FZ
09-19-2003, 12:46 PM
The info you have there does seem to be 100% correct. I also get this additional stuff when I check your domain info:

Registration Service Provided By: E-Starr Webhosting

Were they your previous web hosts or something? Did they provide you with a control panel for your domain name? If so, see if you can login and check the "records" that you have set up for your domain. Specifically one pointing to the IP address of your new WestHost account. What is your (WestHost) IP address, by the way?

Gurukitty
09-19-2003, 12:59 PM
our control panel for our domain name is through enom, estarr was who registered the name but now we deal through enom.
yes estarr was our previous host they really have nothing to do with the domain name anymore. Sides that it's like pulling teeth to get complete informationout of them.....much like so far with westhost.

Primary Nameserver
NS1.WEST-DATACENTER.NET

Secondary Nameserver
NS2.WEST-DATACENTER.NET

we set up our domain to this information they gave us i dunno when...sept 16 i think. When we got our email with all our information.
I dont think our domain name resigtrationis the problem. i honestly think it has something to do with the .ca thing. everything in my control panel says.ca and in the list of domain names for my accoutn it says .ca
I sent them another support ticket.
Hopefully they listen this time.
this feels like such a waste of money.

FZ
09-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Okay never mind. If it is 69.36.161.67, then it does not seem to be set up properly - /manager/ does not even exist. In fact, no pages are to be found. Oh and you were right - it is added as gurukitty.ca! That may be why it does not work at all. Disregard my last post/suggestion - it will not help in this case. Only WestHost can rectify the situation.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Gurukitty
09-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Too bad westhost wont reply to any of our inquires.

thanx anyway, we appreciate the effort.

FZ
09-19-2003, 02:48 PM
You're welcome. And like I said, just sit tight - if you can - they will reply. When did you send in your first support request (e-mail)?

Gurukitty
09-20-2003, 07:43 PM
we sent the first email the day we got set up.
the first email ws sent sept 16th

[westhost.com #93292] the ticket #

FZ
09-20-2003, 07:47 PM
You should post your domain name and ticket number here - http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515 - so that somebody from WestHost can take a look at it ASAP.