PDA

View Full Version : Miva Performance

lazerdesigns
09-16-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm making the move to another host because of the Miva performance issue. I have started talking with them, and unless I hear an update or see a change in the next few hours, its sayonara westhost.

I truly thought I would stick it out. But I also didn't think it would take this long to fix the problem (or to post a simple update).

The 5 or 6 years have been fun. Too bad the fun had to end.

Josiah Gallo

wildjokerdesign
09-16-2003, 05:55 PM
Sorry to see you leave Josiah. Good luck with your new hosting company. Maybe just maybe you will change your mind???
You have stuck it out so long hate see you go.

dcarr
09-16-2003, 10:20 PM
I, too, have moved my site to another host. I had read such good things about WH, and what little time before this mess I had, it was all very good.

My thought is I will be back in a few months when this all settles down, in the mean time I have to have more loyalty to my customers and my business than to WH. They are the ones that pay the bills. Besides it is sooo much more fun selling, having happy customers rather than mad ones, and a site that just will not work no matter how many sleepless hours one puts in trying to get it to work.

Take Care All, Best of Luck to you all.

Doug

WestHost - CRussell
09-17-2003, 06:05 AM
Tuesday and Wednesday morning we made some big performance improvements. This should help Miva a lot. I'm curious to hear how you feel Miva is running now. From what I have seen it's running much faster.

lazerdesigns
09-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Chris: Thanks for trying, but I am already gone. Another 24 hours and the dns changes will be in effect.

lazerdesigns
09-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Going through my site, I don't see any change in Miva speed. The site still lags when I click on links going to empresa served pages. My new host (not changed over yet) flies like the hurricane winds.

dvduval
09-18-2003, 01:22 PM
It is still taking 5 seconds in many cases to switch between pages.
On my sites that are on the old servers, it averages less than a second.
Are more preformance upgrades planned?