PDA

View Full Version : How do I do Auto Reply

teamgonads
09-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Hello

With 2.0. How do I do Auto Reply? From my webmail or my manager?

Thanks for the help

Mark

wildjokerdesign
09-16-2003, 06:53 AM
In your SiteManager under Applications there is an autresponder you can install and use. Does that answer your question? If you need more help let us know.

teamgonads
09-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks. That helped. But now it only shows the option to choose from one of my alias accounts. Not my main catch all account. How do I make sure all emails coming to me get a auto reply? Is this not possible?

Thanks again for helping the less informed...

Mark

ccwebb
09-16-2003, 12:41 PM
I have not done this but can you set up an alias with the same name as your catch all name?

Charlie

teamgonads
09-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Just tried that. Its still not showing up on the pull down menu when setting up the aplication.

Thanks though...

teamgonads
09-16-2003, 12:52 PM
When I am on my user page, it does not even show my main email. Only one of my secondary emails. WHen I try to add my main email name to the list of users it will not allow me, because it says its already on the list.

???????????? I wish I was smart......

teamgonads
09-16-2003, 01:16 PM
I also tried to remove the other name on my email list and then try to do the auto reply and now it says there is no names on the email list to do the auto reply.

I have no idea....

FZ
09-16-2003, 02:43 PM
You could look into using Procmail http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=151#538, but it might be a little much to grasp if you haven't done programming before (perhaps even overkill in this situation). However, the links in that thread should help you get started.

If you need specific help, just ask :)

teamgonads
09-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Thanks. But that does look confusing.

I think I will wait it out and see if I can find some help.

Thanks again

FZ
09-16-2003, 03:45 PM
If you tell me exactly what it is you want to do - e.g. what you want to reply to the e-mails with - I can attempt to code something basic for you to use in the meanwhile.

teamgonads
09-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Thanks alot. That is very kind of you. To be honest I dont have the time nor the skill to even attempt to do what I will prabably need to do. I am leaving on vacation for a week tomorrow morning and I needed to get this done ASAP.

Once again Westhost is failing me and the users are helping me more than they are. If was not going on vacation tis week I would spend my time switching over to a new host. Actualy if the bouncing email problem is not fixed when I get back i will take all my account elsware.

Thanks again for all your help and your offer.
Mark

ccwebb
09-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Fayez:

It is great that you are so willing to help others!

I know we can't look back but hasn't this whole 2.0 autoresponder thing gotten above the level of most clients?

Before the time of the first control panel I seem to remember just dropping a couple of message lines in a file in infobots. Now you have to be a programmer.

Charlie

FZ
09-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Mark,

You're welcome. My offer to help still stands if you ever need it.

---

Charlie,

Thanks! :) I love helping people. To be honest, I think WestHost just changed a little too much too quickly. It would have been nice if they could have kept some things the same, e.g. the .redirect file, and like you said, that infobots thing. However, the new control panel offers so many new features that really are very cool - and useful too. It's just people don't like change... Oh well. And in response to the "have to be a programmer" thing, I disagree. What Mark wanted to do does require some coding, but more general purpose autoresponders can be set up easily with 2.0 (i.e. like the ones you'd set up with a 1.0 control panel).

You could argue forever what the control panel should include, but of course it cannot include every single feature every single customer wants. At least you have the resources available on your account to go further if you are so inclined (SSH and so on). And if that is the case and you are not sure how to do it, you can always ask on this forum and get some kind of useful feedback ;)