PDA

View Full Version : Old secure server

lreeder
09-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Can anyone from Westhost tell me how long the old secure server (https://secure.westhost.com/secure/) is going to be online? The shopping cart (not Miva) that one of my sites is using is still pointing to it and I'm having trouble reconfiguring it to work on 2.0 shared SSL. I need to know if I should panic now or if I have time to work on it.

Les

ccwebb
09-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Good question - I also have a non-miva application running the old way and I have not started to convert.

I submitted a ticket a week ago asking about this but have never received back a response.

Charlie

lreeder
09-12-2003, 07:49 PM
I'm hoping that since the rest of the conversion won't happen until the end of the month that we've got at least that long.

airspeedpress
09-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Amen. I hope they leave it up forever - I just had to completely build my webpage from scratch, everything was lost. I had to throw away the FormMail the Manager's installer uses, and use another version. Yagh!

But I can't get the new shared SSL to work. The link it gave me when I intstalled it only works from within Westhost if I use the link I get in the Manager. Otherwise I get a "cannot find server" notice.

My secure order form on the old shared secure server is the only thing that survived from the old website, and is still working! If it goes down, I am dead in the water agains since I dont thing WH support is going to have time to help me fine tune the new shared SLL for a while to come.

ccwebb
09-13-2003, 04:19 PM
I just got a reply to my ticket of a week ago and here it is:

The secure server account that you have on the old system will remain in place
indefinitely. However you have the option now to use the secure server with your
account on the same server.

Charlie

lreeder
09-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Excellent!! Thanks for passing that on.