PDA

View Full Version : Email Delivery Failure - 2.0 to 1.0

gethipp
09-12-2003, 06:08 PM
I manage 24 domains on WestHost servers (well, they were on WestHost servers until today). Once some of my clients had been upgraded to 2.0, they could no longer send email to me on 1.0 - the messages were bouncing back as "unknown_user". I turned in tickets. I screamed on the message boards. My client sites started going offline, email was failing, ftp was unavailable. After several days, I moved my own domain to a new host and have since moved 14 of my clients over as well.

This is just a quick note to let you all know, the my clients on 2.0 are STILL getting email addressed to me returned to them as "unknown_user".

What could WestHost possibly have botched up in their email server that's not allowing delivery, even to external addresses???

lreeder
09-12-2003, 06:18 PM
I think this post will solve your problem http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=874&highlight=hosts+file

gethipp
09-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Nope, sorry. That's not good enough for me. I read that post, I edited host files where it was urgent. But I'm tired of logging in to client sites everyday (when I can) and fixing what they broke yesterday.

I decided to just move everybody to a reliable service instead. All my moves will be complete by Monday and I won't have to worry about making excuses anymore. And I won't have to keep fixing what they keep breaking.

I can't escape fast enough - and I've been here for years.