PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions if Miva is not working...

dcarr
09-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Hi Mark,

Please check into westhost.com #88953. My Miva Store is not working, has not for way too long now. I have lost customers. The store is very, very slow to load as well.

When "checkout" or "buy one now" is hit it gives an error message: Unable to open 'carrsthisnthat/Merchant2/merchant.mvc'

I have not been able to get any farther to see if there are other problems with this account. :(

I did read that others are having problems with Authorize Net working, that is the company I use. :cry:

Thank you,
Doug Carr
Carr's This n That

Tamara32
09-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi there...

Try this simple fix for your MIVA problem. It was very easy and had my site back up and running in less than 5 minutes for the exact same problem.

http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=798

dcarr
09-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi there...

Try this simple fix for your MIVA problem. It was very easy and had my site back up and running in less than 5 minutes for the exact same problem.

Thank You, Thank You!!! That is at least part of it. I keep reading about replacing ssl2 with ssl4, but where is the ssl2? My store seems not to have ssl2 but has secure.westhost.net/cgi-bin?

The new error message is: Configuration Error: User #1090 is not authorized to use Miva Script
Please contact the server administrator: postmaster@west-datacenter.net

I will send an email to the postmaster, but if everything is as it has been, it will not receive an answer.

Thanks again! It is VERY appreciated!

Doug

dcarr
09-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi there...

Thank You, Thank You!!! That is at least part of it. I keep reading about replacing ssl2 with ssl4, but where is the ssl2? My store seems not to have ssl2 but has secure.westhost.net/cgi-bin?

The new error message is: Configuration Error: User #1090 is not authorized to use Miva Script
Please contact the server administrator: postmaster@west-datacenter.net

I will send an email to the postmaster, but if everything is as it has been, it will not receive an answer.

Thanks again! It is VERY appreciated!

Doug

DiaLady
09-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Great idea, but I don't have Shared SSL available on my list of option in the new 2.0. Now what? I put in a request #88788 about the lack of shared SSL. How do we know which one to use anyway? I have a very simple shopping cart I have no idea which SSL to use. I started installing Open SSL and was totally lost with the list of information it required. If anyone can help educate me so we can fix this . . it would be great!!!! Thanks!

Theresa
www.thesigmonsystem.com

Tamara32
09-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Glad I could help....just hoping to get more people up and running with a quick fix than having them wait around. Two quick answers that might help...anyone out there that knows more feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..

To get into your admin section (if you don't already know):

http://www.your-domain.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/admin.mvc+

Login with your username and password. Once you are in there will be a link to "Domain Settings". Click that and the screen will change. Once there you will see a bunch of links to settings. The one you want is "Site Configuration". When that screen comes up, look at any of the "Secure URL" settings. That will show you a link that starts with:

"https://ssl2.westserver.net/cgi-bin/....."

You can tell from there which secure server you are currently on. I would NOT suggest you change anything at this point. This is only to see how you are set NOW. I am not sure why or how people got moved to ssl4 or anywhere else. Also, if there has been a change..someone jump in here and let us know why how or IF they should change settings. Like I said before...my settings didn't change. Mine have always been on some sort of ssl. I see from your post that you have "secure.westhost/net/cgi-bin" for your settings. I may be wrong, but I believe this will answer the next part of the questions...

When I signed up for the Miva system originally you had to buy a certain level package to be able to use the "SharedSSL" certificate set up. All of mine have been Starter ECommerce Level 3, which does have it. It looks like now that ALL of their new plans come WITH SharedSSL. Which would make sense that on the new servers some people have to turn it on, either because they never had it before or the installation got lost in the move. As far as I know, plans without SharedSSL had to use Open SSL...which means you had to get/have your own private SSL certificate (which can be expensive). I couldn't find the SharedSSL either at first....I looked under Ecommerce and only saw OpenSSL. Finally I FOUND SharedSSL under Tools. Why they are in two different places I'm not sure.

If anyone knows how to tell if someone has to change to a different SSL server let us know? I would think only WestHost could tell you exactly which one to use....you don't want your secure info floating off into nowhere...

dcarr
09-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks again for your trying to help. It looks to be three fold problem for me. The shared SSL link says ssl4, the miva store says secure.westhost. As is, miva says the information is not on this server, then converting to the new ssl, the same message. Seems the miva also has problems with it's ability to connect to my merchant account. Guess, I will give up and hope someone takes a look soon. Ticket westhost.com #88953 if anyone of ability sees this.... :cry:

zinc
09-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Great idea, but I don't have Shared SSL available on my list of option in the new 2.0. Now what? I put in a request #88788 about the lack of shared SSL. How do we know which one to use anyway? I have a very simple shopping cart I have no idea which SSL to use. I started installing Open SSL and was totally lost with the list of information it required. If anyone can help educate me so we can fix this . . it would be great!!!! Thanks!

Theresa
www.thesigmonsystem.com

In your control panel: Site Applications > Tools > Install SharedSSL