PDA

View Full Version : NeoMail / IMP

edson
09-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I recently installed NeoMail using the 2.0 Account Manager. After playing around with it a little, I found that it was missing a couple minor features that I'd like. I thought I might try IMP to see if I liked it any better. So I uninstalled NeoMail, but when I tried to install IMP, it's no longer listed as an option.

Is IMP no longer supported? Or once you choose one webmail package, are you stuck with it? Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
Edson

wildjokerdesign
09-10-2003, 07:17 PM
You should be able to install either or both. When I beta tested the new SiteManager I had both installed and working so I could decided which I liked best.

edson
09-10-2003, 07:33 PM
That's what I was assuming. But I can't find IMP anymore. It wouldn't be in a different section or something would it? I thought it was under Site Applications / Communication, along with Neomail, Mojo Mail, Guestbook, etc.

Am I missing something? Anyone else had this happen?

I'd contact support, but I get the idea they've got their hands full at the moment.

wildjokerdesign
09-10-2003, 07:50 PM
I think I know what it is. I am going to go look at my Site Manager and see. Is Mojo Mail maybe another name for it?

wildjokerdesign
09-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Nope sorry I was wrong.

wildjokerdesign
09-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Also I looked and looked and could not find it. I thik it was there befor. Maybe I am just remembering when I beta tested. The pop up help does not list what you should have. I am going to go check the manual and see what I can find.

FZ
09-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Just checked my Site Applications and I still have it (IMP) under Communication. I have NeoMail installed too. You might want to try again now as I was having problems with my Site Applications earlier today as well - I had none (nothing showed as installed, nothing available to install)! It's fixed now, though.

edson
09-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, I know I had IMP as an option a couple days ago. It is still listed in the manual. Maybe I'll just check back tomorrow or something. It's not like it's urgent.

So does anybody who's used both like one better than the other?

The thing I found lacking in Neomail was the ability to create an address book entry composed of other address book entries. So, let's say I had entries for "Dad", "Mom", and "Grandma", I should ideally be able to make one called "Family" composed of the other three. If I change the address for "Grandma", it should be reflected in "Family" also. I hate double maintenance.

In Neomail, it looked like there was a limit of about 50 characters or so. and they had to be full email addresses.

wildjokerdesign
09-11-2003, 07:40 AM
Would it work to create a distribution list in the site manager called family and then simply put family@yourdomain.com in the address book. The only problem I can see is that you would not have the auto update so there would be the double maintenance issue that you mentioned. Sure there has to be a better way... I like you hate that double maintnance thing. I don't think IMP would help. If I recall in reading the discription it is not as robust as NeoMail. When I played with both I recall I really did not like either one and figured I would look for something I could install myself elsewhere.

Purple
09-16-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I have IMP in my westhost 1.0 domains that have been 'transferred' to 2.0

for 2.0 domains that I registered with my reseller account (ie: never registered w/westhost before), i only get IMP (and OpenSSL) with IP based hosting and not Name Based.

just thought i'd add that to the pot and hopefully we can work out what is going on and how to best get our sites operational again.

cheers,

purple