PDA

View Full Version : webalizer, how often does it update

instaimage
09-10-2003, 02:56 PM
New to webalizer... when/how often does it update?

noclue
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
mine appears to update every day. haven't checked the timing, but the raw logs are zipped every morning anywhere between 2-4AM EDT so that may be when webalizer also updates.

FZ
09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
If you are on WestHost 2.0, Webalizer is now "live" in that it updates every time you access its main page. Pretty cool...

instaimage
09-10-2003, 05:29 PM
so... you're saying that when I click on webalizer it should use my access_log file and give me the most current data... right...

If it doesn't then what?

FZ
09-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Yes, that is what I am saying. This only applies if your account is on WestHost 2.0 though - meaning you are accessing it as webalizer.cgi. Take a look at the top left and it will tell you the generation time. If that appears old (keeping in mind that it is in GMT format), empty your browser cache and hit refresh a few times (or press F5).

nsc
09-02-2004, 07:51 AM
I have experienced as situation with my site (which I think is Westhost 2.0) where the Webalizer 2.0.1 failed to update after I changed some of its settings (actually I was just testing the settings to see what will happen and learn what they do, obviously I screwed up something). I had to delete and reinstall a new Webalizer in order to correct that.

I think the setting that made the Webalizer to fail was "Incremental" or something like that.