PDA

View Full Version : How Do I view all files AND sizes simultaneously?

masterhiggins
09-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Is it possible to view all of your files and sort by file size to see what folders/files are taking up so much space? I'm using SSH @ the Site Manager. Also, I've noticed that after switching over to 2.0, I now have 3 new folders with the same hierarchal folder structer labeled home, home2 and home3. Can I delete one of these without messing up my current site? I'm sorry I sound so strange, I haven't had much sleep this week. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Sam

wildjokerdesign
09-09-2003, 05:59 PM
At this point I would not delete anything. You can't be sure what has to be there or what may be there as a temp fix to keep your site going... atleast that is my take on it right now. Just about every one of my accounts are set up just a bit diffrently it seems depending on what special junk I had created in them before 2.0.

Hopefully in a couple weeks we can get answers to questions like this from WH.

FZ
09-10-2003, 09:27 PM
To answer your SSH question, typing:

ls -AhlS

lists the contents of the present working directory (i.e. the one you are in) sorted by file size (descending). For a quick summary of your total space usage, type:

quota

assuming you are on 2.0... If not, you'd type "quota -g" instead.

Check this out for other commands/more help: http://manual.westhost.com/part1.html#gi-space